The journal presents the results of scientific researches, aimed at analyzing the political, economic, social, demographic, ethnocultural and environmental problems of development in various regions of Russia and foreign countries. In addition, the tasks of the journal include the examination of the theory and methodology of complex and sectoral regional studies, as well as the identification of regional specificities through the study of the features of the historical and geographical development of the territories.
Main headings of the journal:
1. Theoretical questions of regionology.
2. Political regionalistics.
3. Economics and management.
4. Demography and society.
5. Nature and ecology.
6. Tourism and cultural heritage.
7. Historical geography.
8. Methods of regional studies.